-->

Friday, August 27, 2010

don't tell me who you came from - tell me who you are

Too many people take too much pride in their ancestors.

You tell me you have free will. So how have you used that free will?

Have you taken responsibility for what you think? Do you base your words on discoveries that you have made for yourself - or do you speak the words of others, of parents, of friends, of authorities?

This video is from a man, Rich Siegel, who takes responsibility for himself, who educated himself.

He says something I would echo, that I hope a growing number of Americans will as well.

"I've come to understand that I've been supporting all my life something that I never would have supported if I had been told anything resembling the truth"
Listen to him sing and speak, remembering that there are many who, though they cannot sing or speak so well, have learned the truth in the same way as Rich - through direct, painful experience. After you hear him sing of the children, may I suggest a worthy way to contribute to the relief of their suffering?

Rich Siegel- "In Palestine" from Richard A Siegel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment